CESS Nuffield, Oxford
The Nuffield Centre for Experimental Social Sciences in Oxford is looking for Casual Research Assistants to join their team. The successful candidate will be working 5-10 hours per week, earning an hourly salary of £14.
As a part-time Research Assistant you will be required to, organise, maintain and update our datasets. Your responsibilities will be:
- Processing, consolidating, and transforming data sets within and between datasets.
- Carrying out statistical analyses using standard methods and more advanced techniques.
- Ensuring that all tasks relating to data collection and storage are carried out according to the relevant guidelines and regulations for each funder and in line with CESS policies.
The skills required for this job are:
- Being able to interpret and analyse data.
- Good analytical skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Stata, R, and z-tree.
- IT literate with knowledge of Office Software (Word and Excel).
If you are interested in this job, please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nuffield College exists to promote excellence in education and research, and is an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and valuing diversity. Applications are particularly welcome from women, from disabled people, and from black and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented in posts in the College.
CESS India, Pune
Are you an early-stage PhD student focusing on social science experiments? If so, you may be able to take advantage of this unique opportunity to spend two months at CESS India designing and executing a lab or lab-in-the-field experiment (with villagers, factory workers, indigenous communities, etc.). We’re looking for exceptional candidates from any social science discipline and related, applied fields. This year, we are particularly interested in hearing proposals related to gender and competition, inter-ethnic cooperation, social norms, trust, behavior change, and regulation.
The two-month fellowship includes:
- Return fights to India
- Funds for subject payments
Applications must be received by 30 September for fellowships taking place in December 2017 to February 2018. Rolling for later visits. To apply, send your CV and an early-stage design (including a brief literature review) to email@example.com.